Open Call: 71% – The State of Water
The Exhibit Around APS and dotART associations, promoters of the Trieste Photo Days international festival, are launching an Open Call for the 71% - The State of Water project.
The participating photographers will have the opportunity to become part of an important dedicated exhibition and to be published in the photographic volume.
The project is a photographic tribute to water. «71%» represents the percentage of the earth's surface occupied by Water (source), the essential element for life that Exhibit Around APS aims to celebrate with a new photographic and editorial project to be presented at the tenth edition of Trieste Photo Days from 27 to 29 October 2023.
Photographic works must be able to explore the relationship between Man and Water through the photographic genre each author feels closest to. The theme lends itself to innumerable expressive possibilities:
• The sea but also natural and artificial waterways (rivers, lakes, reservoirs, etc.)
• Water in all its forms and manifestations (rain, ice, snow, vapour, etc.)
• The scarcity of water (deserts, droughts, fires, etc.) and the violence of water (floods, floods, tsunamis, etc.).
• All social and environmental issues related to water (climate change, waste, the impact of water scarcity on different parts of the planet, etc.)
• Water as a source of energy (mills, dams and hydroelectric plants, etc.).
• Water as an artistic expression and symbol of Life.
71% – The State of Water also includes a cycle of conferences, meetings and related events, aimed at promoting and presenting the book, the exhibition and the topics addressed. Source: https://www.exhibitaround.com/en/open-calls/71-the-state-of-water/